Tuesday 16 March 2010

Evaluation Task 3: Commentary



Script:
1. The idea of a distributor and who that might be and why.

For my film, New Line Cinemas would be my ideal distributor. They deal with a lot of well known fantasy and horror films such as Lord of the Rings, Blade and Friday the 13th.

2. What does a production company do?

A production company handles the paper work; contracting, site locating and funding of films. They play a very key role in the film process.

3. Discussion of your production company name and logo and the role of such companies

My production company is “A Banko Productions”. It’s just the initial of my first full name and my last name. Basically my company gathered all the props and actors together as well as securing filming times and places.

4. Where the money might have come from for a film such as yours

Since being an American Distribution Company, I probably would have got the money from one of the big American Film Power Houses like Universal or Paramount or even New Line it’s self.

5. Why the various people are named in the titles- which jobs appear in titles and in what order and how have you reflected this?

The titles that appear in my film are the ones related to the opening two minutes; so all the actors who appear then you hear the music and sound. The titles appear in order of appearance. I am the director followed by the first actor who appears on screen which is my sister. It helps establish who the people are right from the get-go.

6. What your film is similar to 'institutionally' (name some films which would be released in a similar way)

I believe, really, any fantasy film. I based my opening around the opening of Eragon where the one woman is being chased by the villain and to save the egg she sends it away to a random passer-by hunting in the woods. Another film similar to the release of mine would be Tim Burton’s 9; another fantasy epic about 9 rag dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment