Monday 20 September 2010

AS Reflection

How did you use media technologies in the construction, research and planning and evaluation stages?

Well I already knew what I wanted to do so I mostly used the internet such as Youtube and Wikipedia to research various specific ideas and the best way to them. I made a powerpoint of my overall idea to help keep it all together. For the actual construction I used a handheld camera to film and a microphone to pick up sound better. I then used Adobe Premiere to edit the whole thing together before uploading to Youtube. To Evaluate my film, I just used my blog here.

How did you use media forms to come up with something new and orginal?

I am a huge fan of Fantasy so I already knew a lot about Media Forms. Mostly I took scenes from Fantasy movies that I liked and tweaked them slightly to make them my own.

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I took what I learned from my first video and applied it to my Opening Two Minutes. Particularly paying attention to sound cause that was a big complaint. But like my first video, I used special effects and had costumes and make up and all that. So I think the combination was quite good. Especially considering that stories could be internlinked.

What have you learned from your Audience Feedback?

Be very careful with sound and make sure to have clear footage so people understand what's going on.

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

As I said above, this is a Fantasy movie so I took loads of elements from Fantasy movies. But at the same time I changed them such as the supposed main characters dying at the end of the two minutes. Or rather than in most films which start with a normal opening (kid going to highschool etc.) I start with a very drammatic opening where things are clearly not normal (except for the girl in red with colourful umbrella).

No comments:

Post a Comment